Version 18.104.22.168 (April 1st, 2021)
- FIX - PHP 8 issue with theme update
Version 1.7.5 (February 2nd, 2021)
- NEW - The ingredients and instructions in the admin panel (when adding/editing a recipe) now show descriptive labels instead of "Instruction #1", "Instruction #2"...
- NEW - Featured posts with "Style 1" can now be a grid instead of a carousel/slider.
- TWEAK - The default homepage now uses the layout (full width or with sidebar) that's set in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other > Archive Layout.
Version 1.7.4 ( December 9th, 2020 )
- FIX - Issue with encoding for the "share via email" functionality
Version 1.7.3 ( October 27th, 2020 )
- NEW - Option to set amount of featured posts to show
- NEW - WYSIWYG editor now available in the recipe instructions options instead of a plain textarea
Version 1.7.2 ( October 1st, 2020 )
- NEW - Option to set the promo boxes links to open in a new tab
- NEW - Option to set the social share count cache time limit (WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Social Share Counts)
- NEW - Option to set Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret for social share counts (WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Social Share Counts)
Version 1.7.1 ( September 9th, 2020)
- NEW - Option to set an HTML ID to a module/section
- NEW - Option to exclude subcategories in posts modules (when specific categories are selected)
- FIX - Issue with pagination (load more) doubling
- FIX - Issue with search module custom content options showing up on custom content module itself
Version 1.7.0 ( September 1st, 2020 )
- IMPROVEMENT - The Subscribe module now has 3 additional options for adding custom content (after title, after form, after categories)
- FIX - Issue with loading times
- FIX - Issue with some options not showing with Gutenberg when "page attributes" not expanded
Version 1.6.9 ( August 8th, 2020 )
- IMPROVEMENT - "Module 2" now supports "load more" pagination when in Grid mode
- IMPROVEMENT - The featured section is no longer limited to show a specific tag, remove the value from the option and it will show latest posts
Version 1.6.8 ( July 20th, 2020 )
- NEW - Option to add custom content at the end of the "MeridianThemes Search" widget
- FIX - Title and subtitle of subscription module can now be styled with MeridianStyler
Version 1.6.7 ( June 29th, 2020)
- NEW - Option to change the image sizes for modules. In the modules options at the end there's a select field with the label "Image SIze".
Version 1.6.6 ( May 25th, 2020 )
- NEW - Option for Module Two to switch to a grid instead of a carousel.
Version 1.6.5 ( April 29th, 2020 )
- NEW - Option to select whether to use custom image resizing functionality ( AquaResizer ) or the native WordPress image resizing functionality. Option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other ( option name is Image Resizing Functionality ). Custom functionality creates images "on demand" so it creates less variations of an image. But in some cases when a CDN is used for images this functionality won't work and needs to be switched to use the native WP functionality.
Version 1.6.4 ( April 14th, 2020 )
- IMPROVEMENT - Option to disable the side panel ( the vertical section on the left ). Option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other.
- IMPROVEMENT - The "After Content" option for recipe posts is no longer a plain textarea, it's a visual editor.
Version 1.6.3 ( March 15th, 2020 )
- FIX - Sticky navigation functionality causing a problem on featured style 2
Version 1.6.2 ( February 5th, 2020 )
- FIX - Issue with automatic scrolling in Chrome
Version 1.6.1 ( January 28th, 2020 )
- FIX - Compatibility with Elementor page builder
Version 1.6.0 ( January 17th, 2020 )
- TWEAK - Disable zooming on mobile devices ( Android only ).
Version 1.5.9 ( January 7th, 2020 )
- IMPROVEMENT - The "MeridianThemes - Posts List" widget now shows post meta based on the type ( recent, popular by comments, popular by views ). If set as recent meta shows author and date, if set as popular by comments it shows date and comment count and if set as popular by views it shows date and view count.
Version 1.5.8 ( December 18th, 2019 )
- IMPROVEMENT - Option to order by view count in the Posts widget
- IMPROVEMENT - Cleaned up the font families to make it easier to change fonts globally
Version 1.5.7 ( October 21st, 2019 )
- FIX - Compatibility with Pinterest rich pins
- NEW - Category description is now shown below the title on category archive pages
Version 1.5.6 ( October 1st, 2019 )
- NEW - Back to top button ( can be enabled in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other )
- TWEAK - Option to disable recipe schema ( can be disabled in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other )
- FIX - Issue with crop positions not working
Version 1.5.5 ( September 18th, 2019 )
- NEW - The subscribe module and widget are compatible with ActiveCampaign. More info in the docs
- FIX - Issue with columns in the "more from this author" section
Version 1.5.4 ( September 10th, 2019 )
- NEW - Option to choose the amount of columns for related posts ( 2 or 3 columns )
- NEW - Option to set the amount of posts shown in related posts
- TWEAK - Options for related posts moved to a new Customizer section called "Related Posts"
Version 1.5.3 ( September 5th, 2019 )
- FIX - Issue with bookmark tooltip ( for non logged in users ) being too large for mobile devices.
- FIX - Issue with twitter share element not working properly
- TWEAK - Google+ removed from social share elements
Version 1.5.2 ( September 2nd, 2019 )
- NEW - Option to add a heading above ingredient list item. Useful to separate ingredients into subsections.
- NEW - Option to add custom content at the end ( after ingredients/instructions ) for recipes. Both recipe specific and global options are available. Recipe specific is when adding or editing a recipe, the option is at the end and is called "After Content". Global option is in WP admin > Appearance > Customizer > Custom Content Hooks, the option is called "Recipe Single - After Content".
Version 1.5.1 ( August 1st, 2019 )
- FIX - Some images not large enough on mobile
- FIX - Video embeds not responsive
- TWEAK - Images upscaling enabled
Version 1.5.0 ( June 20th, 2019 )
- FIX - Issue with unwanted page reloads under specific circumstances
- TWEAK - OptinForms switched to be a recommended plugin, not a required plugin
Version 1.4.9 ( June 19th, 2019 )
- IMPROVEMENT - Increased the width of the content on mobile portrait ( 90% instead of being fixed at 300px )
- FIX - Issue with social share icons not fitting in one row on mobile phones
- FIX - Some textual strings weren't translatable
Version 1.4.8 ( June 15th, 2019 )
- NEW - Option to show "more posts by this author" after the post/recipe content on single post/recipe pages
- NEW - Option to disable "related posts" section for post/recipe single pages
Version 1.4.7 ( April 19th, 2019 )
- FIX - PHP 7.2 deprecated function notice
Version 1.4.6 ( March 20th, 2019 )
- NEW - Options to disabled header posts ( special options for blog single, recipe single, archives and user profile ). Options located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Header
Version 1.4.5 ( March 12th, 2019 )
- NEW - Option to add custom content in the top left area of the header. Option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Custom Content Hooks
- NEW - Adding sharing elements at the end of the recipe content on recipe single pages
- FIX - Issue with Meridian Styler and Contact Form 7. Important: Go to WP admin > Appearance > Theme Welcome to update the Meridian Styler plugin to latest verison.
Version 1.4.4 ( March 1st, 2019 )
- NEW - Order filters ( latest, most commented, most viewed ) for archives. Can be enabled in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other.
- TWEAK - Added category to posts listings meta
Version 1.4.3 ( February 13th, 2019 )
- NEW - JSON-LD schema added for recipes
Version 1.4.2 ( January 15th, 2019 )
- NEW - "Load more posts" functionality added for modules ( 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13 ). Disabled by default, can be enabled in the module options.
- TWEAK - Changed the way recipe single sections ( meta, thumbnail, ingredients... ) are being output to increase compatibility with plugin that use the_content filter to add custom HTML before or after the content
Version 1.4.1 ( December 10th, 2018 )
- FIX - Updated POT file ( text translation information )
- FIX - Issue with options for recipe categories and tags not showing when adding/editing a post
Version 1.4.0 ( December 5th, 2018 )
- FIX - WordPress 5.0 compatibility fixes
- NEW - Archive and search results pages show the amount of found posts ( at the top in the heading )
- NEW - Option to make all post/recipe listing show only publish date and views in the meta
- TWEAK - CMB2 removed from theme and is now being loaded as a plugin
Version 1.3.8 ( November 19th, 2018 )
- NEW - Information about the author is now displayed at the top of author archive page
- NEW - Option to switch to regular numbered pagination ( located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other )
Version 1.3.7 ( November 1st, 2018 )
- NEW - Option to set offset for the posts modules. What the option does is allows you to skip posts, so if you set the offset to 4 it will skip the first 4 posts it finds.
Version 1.3.6 ( October 23rd, 2018 )
- NEW - Counting post/recipe views and option to display it in the meta on single blog/recipe page ( can be enabled under WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Recipe/Post Single )
- FIX - Issue with plugins that add custom content by appending it to the regular content. Their custom content was added before the ingredients/recipes area.
Version 1.3.5 ( October 7th, 2018 )
- FIX - Issue with Styler functionality. Go to WP admin > Appearance > Theme Welcome to update the Meridian Styler plugin to latest verison.
- IMPROVEMENT - The share popup code has been moved to a template part so developers can modify it using a child theme ( template-parts/other/share-popup.php )
Version 1.3.4 ( September 27, 2018 )
- NEW - Options to add nutritional information for recipes. Options located just below the "Ingredients" option when adding/editing a recipe and displayed below the "Ingredients/Preparation" section on the website.
Version 1.3.3 ( September 6th, 2018 )
- FIX - Some textual strings weren't translatable
NOTE: The plugin Meridian Recipes Features has also been updated. After updating the theme go to WP admin > Appearance > Theme Welcome. In the top right corner you'll see the notification and the button to update.
Version 1.3.2 ( May 30th, 2018 )
- FIX - Added checkbox option to comment form for optional saving information
- IMPROVEMENT - Added author in blog post single meta
- IMPROVEMENT - Added LinkedIn to the share actions
Version 1.3.1 ( April 8th, 2018 )
- NEW - Options to set the cropping location for featured images. Options located in General Options when adding/editing a post. Images that already have a resized version will not be automatically updated, use the plugin Force Regenerate Thumbnails to clear those.
- NEW - Option to enable sticky navigation on mobile. Option located in WP Admin > Appearance > Customize > Other.
Version 1.3.0 ( March 27th, 2018 )
- NEW - Search section added to the header area on mobile devices
- FIX - Instagram API no longer supports a 320x320 image, only 150x150 is available so the footer area now uses that version and since it's quite small we've made it show 12 per row.
Version 1.2.9 ( March 15th, 2018 )
- FIX - Issue with author archives not showing blog posts
- FIX - Meridian Styler visible on print ( for administrators only )
Version 1.2.8 ( February 22nd, 2018 )
- FIX - The ALT attribute was missing on images in the recipe instructions.
Version 1.2.7 ( February 15th, 2018 )
- IMPROVEMENT - The related blog posts section improvement. It now shows posts that share the same categories as the currently shown post. A limit of 1 year was added ( posts older than that won't show ). Only posts with a featured image will be shown.
- IMPROVEMENT - The related recipes section now randomizes the posts ( in the same categories as the shown post ) instead of showing only the 3 latest posts.
- TWEAK - The "Share on pinterest" button now passes on description as well, the description being the title of the post/recipe.
Version 1.2.6 ( February 12th, 2018 )
- FIX - The featured image ( post thumbnail ) now shows the correct ALT attribute on blog ( magazine ) post and recipe post single pages.
Version 1.2.5 ( January 19th, 2018 )
- FIX - Instagram images functionality was broken due to changes in Instagram API
Version 1.2.4 ( January 11th, 2018 )
- NEW - Options to set featured section ( like the one on homepage ) on blog posts and recipes. Options located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Recipe/Post Single
- TWEAK - A few post/recipe single related options moved from "Other" to "Recipe/Post Single" section in the Customizer.
Version 1.2.3 ( December 27th, 2017 )
- IMPROVEMENT - Option to change layout ( with or without sidebar ) for shop ( product listing ) and single product pages. Options located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce.
Version 1.2.2 ( December 20th, 2017 )
- IMPROVEMENT - The subscribe width and subscribe module now support Newsletter plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/newsletter/ ). Use shortcode [newsletter_form type="minimal"]
- IMPROVEMENT - The Custom Content module can now be set to be full width of the browser.
Version 1.2.1 ( December 18th, 2017 )
- FIX - Issue with calculation of carousel item widths when a specific custom CSS modification is applied
Version 1.2.0 ( November 16th, 2017 )
- NEW - WooCommerce compatibility. Aside of general compatibility the default styling of WooCommerce has been altered to look and fit better with the theme.
Version 1.1.9 ( November 1st, 2017 )
- NEW - Instagram images area in the footer ( can be set in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Footer )
- IMPROVEMENT - The subscribe widget and subscribe module now support MailPoet 3
- FIX - The subscribe widget and subscribe module support multiple fields now ( had broken styling if more than 1 )
- FIX - Minor issue with the demo importer having outdated content setting
Version 1.1.8 ( September 1st, 2017 )
- Styler - New page template added, it's called "Styler Content" and contains the usual elements ( links, paragraphs, headings... ). Create a new page with that template and on that page you can use Styler to change the appearance of those elements on post, recipes and pages.
- Styler - The side panel navigation items can now be styled
- Styler - The side panel title can now be styled
- Styler - Slightly changed position so it doesn't go over the side panel
Version 1.1.7 ( August 25th, 2017 )
- Option to choose "main category" added to recipes.
- "Secondary taxonomy" ( tags or categories ) list now shown at the end of post/recipe on single post/recipe pages.
Version 1.1.6 ( August 21st, 2017 )
- Compatibility with another Facebook comments plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/comments-from-facebook/
Version 1.1.5 ( August 17th, 2017 )
- Option to choose the "main category" which will be shown in the posts listings. Option located in the right sidebar when adding/editing a blog post.
- Option to choose whether to show categories or tags below the post title on single post pages. Option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other.
Version 1.1.4 ( July 18th, 2017 )
- Fixes issue with mobile navigation on iOS ( iPhone, iPad ) devices
- Fixes styling issue for popup newsletter subscription form ( fix is in the "Meridian Popups" plugin. Deactivate and delete the plugin, then go to WP admin > Appearance > Theme Welcome and install it again. )
Version 1.1.3 ( July 15th, 2017 )
- Compatibility with Google Rich Snippets for recipes
- Added option to combine the blog posts and recipes into the main RSS feed ( option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other )
- Added option to change the layout of archive pages to 3 columns without sidebar ( option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other )
Version 1.1.2 ( July 5th, 2017 )
- Plugins and demo installer moved to the "Welcome page"
Version 1.1.1 ( May 25th, 2017 )
- Module 9 will act as a regular item and not carousel if only one post is shown
- Improved mobile navigation menu
Version 1.1.0 ( May 19th, 2017 )
- Options to add custom content after ingredients on single recipes and after the left column on module 3 ( located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Custom Content Hooks )
- Option to change amount of posts for module 3
- Fixed Issue with "load more" when clicked again before it loads
- Fixed Issue with side panel title when admin bar is shown
Version 1.0.9 (May 2nd, 2017)
- Option to change the layout ( content + sidebar, full content ) for posts and recipes. Option located under the main content editor when adding/editing a post/recipe.
- Option to change the "x days ago" to actual date. Option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other.
- Option to enable sticky sidebar for posts/recipes. Option located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > Other
- Date ( or "x days ago" depending on your settings ) is now displayed on the single blog post page, just below the title.
Version 1.0.8 (March 24th, 2017)
- NEW - Custom content module
Version 1.0.7 (March 22nd, 2017)
- FIX - Conflict with Jetpack likes functioanlity
- FIX - Excerpt issue on module 11
- IMPROVEMENT - The recipes are now compatible with MyFitnessPal recipe importer
Version 1.0.6 (February 27th, 2017)
- NEW - The subscribe functionality ( module and widget ) is now compatible with OptinForms plugin
- IMPROVEMENT - HTML can now be used in the recipe ingredients
- FIX - Issue with section titles/headings on modules not being linked when an URL is supplied
Version 1.0.5 (January 30th, 2017)
- IMPROVEMENT - Option to change how the infinite load pagination works ( by scrolling or clicking on a button )
- FIX - Issue with centering of the popup ( Meridian Popup plugin )
Version 1.0.4 (January 17th, 2017)
- IMPROVEMENT - Module 13 now supports infinite load ( "load more" ) functionality. Go to edit the module and you'll see the option called "Pagination", change it to "Enabled" and publish the changes.
Version 1.0.3 (January 3rd, 2017)
- NEW - Dashboard updates ( as of next version you will be able to update the theme directly from the WordPress dashboard )
- FIX - Minor fixes
Version 1.0.2 (November 8th, 2016)
- Option to disable the recipes functionality of the theme and use it as a regular magazine ( located in WP admin > Appearance > Customize > General )
- Choice for a recipes magazine or a regular magazine in the importer ( after first activation of theme )
Version 1.0.1 (September 17th, 2016)
- Added options to change the slugs ( recipe-view, recipes-category, recipes-tag ). The options are in Customizer > Slugs. Make sure to read the description above the options.
- Added option to add an image/photo for recipe instructions.
- Added option to change the layout of ingredients/instructions to be in separate rows. The option is in Customizer > Other.
- Added option to set a different logo on specific pages. Located under "General Options" when adding/editing a page.
- Fixed issue with the instruction and ingredients headings shown even when there are no insturctions or ingredients to show.