By default the homepage is a regular blog post listing. You need to add a regular page as the front page:
- Go to WP Admin > Pages > Add New
- Set the "Page Template" ( bottom of right sidebar ) to Homepage and publish
- Go to WP Admin > Settings > Reading
- For "Front Page Displays" choose "A static page"
- For "Front Page" ( the select filed ) choose the page you just created
After that go back to edit the page.
In the main area ( where the text editor is located ) at the bottom you'll see a section called "Slider Options". That is where you can add slides for the homepage slider.
In the same area as the slider you will see a section called "Page Options". In there are the Sections, that's where you add the content for the homepage. The sections are also available for regular pages, not just homepage.
IMPORTANT: "Section Title" is an option available for all the "modules". If you write something in there, it will show up in the navigation and when the visitors clicks on that navigation item the browser will scroll down to the section.